As we all know, people can find god in all kinds of empty spaces. This time it’s a catfish head. And it’s for sale! Check it out! Morbid death scene in skull form! I don’t think I can top this unless I find a draw-and-quarter scene in my cheerios.

This poem is so classic:

Of all the fishes in the sea,
our Lord chose the lowly sailcat
to remind us of his misery.

His body on the cross is outlined,
the hilt of the sword
which was plunged into his side
is clearly defined.

Look at the back of the fishes bone
where the Roman shield is shown.
When you shake the cross
you will hear the dice being tossed
for our Lord’s blood stained dress
Those who can hear them
— will be blessed.
-Conrad S. Lantz

Thank you for that gory rhyme, Connie. It really makes me want to pick up a fish skull and shake it like a salt shaker.

18 thoughts on “Jesus in a Fish Head”

Adam · July 12, 2009 at 4:25 am

I really wish I could find something like this and make a ton of money…

godlessgirl · July 18, 2009 at 8:29 pm

lol and apparently I corrected it for him without noticing!

henrietta · February 27, 2010 at 7:39 pm

i found one of these on the beach in sept. 2008

Ted · July 13, 2009 at 2:50 am

With all the 'signs' we're getting from all the different illusive gods out there, you could start a whole blog just about that.

Look, here's some holy tree stumps: http://goodreasonnews.blogspot.com/2009/07/i-see-

godlessgirl · July 18, 2009 at 8:30 pm

If I was devoted to a tree stump, I would need a frying pan to the head.

Jin-oh Choi · July 13, 2009 at 2:44 pm

I wonder how much it would fetch on ebay. 🙂

godlessgirl · July 18, 2009 at 8:30 pm

apparently they only think it's worth like $20 on etsy, so…..hehe

Dave G · July 13, 2009 at 9:58 am

It’s a Crucifish!

henrietta · February 27, 2010 at 7:41 pm

i was wondering if anyone else has ever acually
found one.

R Moore · July 12, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Yes, I actually found one this evening while walking with my husband along the small area of beach in Fairhope, AL. You have to be a Christian to really appreciate all that God has created & put in plain sight for us to enjoy & be thankful for the countless reminders of His Presence in our lives. Praying for whomever reads this email. Blessings!

denverlev · July 4, 2015 at 10:17 am

These are common, I actually had one when I was a child. They were sold in religious shops with a pamphlet similar to the one in the post…I doubt if they are worth much.

denverlev · July 4, 2015 at 10:22 am

You can still buy them today for less than 10 bucks

Fran · April 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm

I have 3 of these that my sister sent me from florida. Just about everyone that sees it sees jesus on the cross. On the back of the fish bone everyone see something different.

james cole · April 3, 2011 at 5:23 pm

i am 53 years old and been in florida for43 years and been fishing for that long 40 years ago i find the cross in catfish head and i have had some big catfish heads why did the lord leve his son pitcher in a catfish head i would like to know please email me at [email protected] and buy the way i keep one on my wall above my bed

bc · July 1, 2012 at 1:13 pm

The Legend of the Crucifix Fish tells the story of the Lord choosing a catfish to ensure that we remember that Christ died for our sins .. these bones have been sold for many years in a number of places, beach gift shops for one and can be found on all beaches
or wherever catfish live .. the story of this is in your bible

Helives · December 13, 2014 at 9:50 am

Job 12:7 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
or let the fish in the sea inform you.
Which of all these does not know
that the hand of the Lord has done this?
In his hand is the life of every creature
and the breath of all mankind.

Yochana Hannah · April 13, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Job 12:7 is literal and proven in GOD’s creation. The catfish is very significant—just heard about it but it links with other creations in nature which ultimately links to the original hebrew scripture of The Prophet Yonah in the Bible. There is a moth with the hebrew letter nun which means fish and the hebrew letter nun is very significant in the the Book o Yonah. Then there is the sand dollar which has five doves inside–another correlation with the sea and the Book of Yonah. Did I mention that the hebrew word for dove is yonah and five is the number of grace (the numbers and letters in hebrew have a meaning).
    So, my thought would be atheism is one dimensional compared to the ONE TRUE LIVING GOD OF THE UNIVERSE….may this give one pause to consider that there is a ONE TRUE LIVING GOD OF THE UNIVERSE.