Here are a few things I find sexy for no clear reason:

1. British spellings for words like “flavour” and “colour”
  2. Trying out speaker systems at electronics stores
  3. Marvel hero costumes–both sexes
  4. Slim-fit corduroy trousers on men
  5. Driving with the windows down
  6. TV and film camera operators
  7. Personality tests and surveys
  8. The scent of a bonfire
  9. Harmonica players
  10. Trimmed beards
  11. Travel planning
  12. Half aprons
  13. Astronomy
  14. Kilns

(Inspired by @blogmum‘s list)

8 thoughts on “Nonsensical Sex Appeal”

@JM_Boivin · September 23, 2009 at 1:01 pm

This is funny in a weird kinda way.
British spellings for words like “flavour” and “colour”
I'll have you know that us Canadians also spell like the Brits – We were conquered at some point anyways.
Trying out speaker systems at electronics stores
This is REALLY weird. I have my own deviant tendencies but this is funny
Marvel hero costumes–both sexes
I can see that
Slim-fit corduroy trousers on men
Corduroy and sexy?
Driving with the windows down
To each her own I s'puse 🙂
Trimmed beards
Don't mean to be gross but trimmed anything is also sexy
Half aprons
Yeap, I'll buy that

Hey I like your twits, a nice combination of funny, thoughtful, irreverent and "right on" comments

godlessgirl · September 23, 2009 at 2:29 pm

Aww, thank you so much for the reply 🙂 I love how the sound system thing really weirded you out 😀 You never know!

Callif · September 24, 2009 at 6:39 pm

lol
What an oddly interesting post!

godlessgirl · September 24, 2009 at 8:31 pm

haha, thanks!

godlessgirl · September 24, 2009 at 8:32 pm

thanks! Credit goes to @blugmum for the idea 🙂

@blogmum · September 25, 2009 at 2:02 am

Heheh, I love your list!

@hyumen · September 26, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Godlessgirl, (re: #1) I used to write a column for a national newspaper in a country that was a British colony. I wrote from the US, but I wrote the column in British English. I retired the column a couple years ago, but to this day I still have to correct my spelling while typing. It automatically comes out British style now. 🙂

TheSecretAtheist · December 27, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I used to spell things in the British variant quite often on purpose. I had to quit doing that while writing papers for my masters degree as the real sticklers for style looked down on such things. Now, I’m out of the habit but I still do it on occasion.