What is your temperament? I prefer using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (the free online versions, anyway) to explain my personality. I used MyPersonality.info to take two quick tests: the Myers-Briggs and the Multiple Intelligences.

My personality

I am very much an ENFP. I’ve been that type since the first time I took the test in high school. I love that the type is called The Advocate! Here’s what the site says about me:

ENFPs are introspective, values-oriented, inspiring, social and extremely expressive. They actively send their thoughts and ideas out into the world as a way to bring attention to what they feel to be important, which often has to do with ethics and current events. ENFPs are natural advocates, attracting people to themselves and their cause with excellent people skills, warmth, energy and positivity. ENFPs are described as creative, resourceful, assertive, spontaneous, life-loving, charismatic, passionate and experimental.

I mean, hello? this is why I have a blog about atheism! I also greatly value words, communication, and interaction with others–hence my Intelligences ratings. I think the Musical bit is just because I memorize melodies and lyrics easily and because I often have songs stuck in my head and can hold a tune. I only wish I could play an instrument to make that Intelligence feel less like a sham ;).

What about you? Do you already know what type you are?

23 thoughts on “Who Are You?”

Chaoticwhizz · December 6, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Everytime I have taken this test, I am always come out INTJ. I'm definitely introverted, agree with Intuitive and thinking. I'm not sure how I feel about judging.

godlessgirl · December 6, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Well "Judging" is simply if you prefer solid plans instead of going with the flow and things like that.

Discreet Infidel · December 6, 2009 at 8:09 pm

INTJ here 🙂

Beaker · December 6, 2009 at 8:26 pm

INTP

godlessgirl · December 6, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Wow a not of you INT's are online 😀

wishingstardust · December 6, 2009 at 10:34 pm

I love personality theory!
INFP here– helps explain why I've never commented on your blog before. xD I've been reading for a little while now and I love it.

Jaki King · December 7, 2009 at 12:08 am

I am an INTP. Spot on.

Buffy · December 7, 2009 at 12:45 am

I just took it and came out an INTJ, which has happened many times, though occasionally I get ISTJ.

Liudvikas Teiserskis · December 7, 2009 at 4:32 am

Strong INTP

Liudvikas Teiserskis · December 7, 2009 at 4:32 am

Strong INTP

@egoistpaul · December 7, 2009 at 5:07 am

Be careful about MBTI. It has weaknesses and can mislead a person into false beliefs like astrology.

godlessgirl · December 7, 2009 at 6:32 am

You sound like a believer warning me that Harry Potter will lead me to practice Satan worship.

Stephen Moore · December 8, 2009 at 7:33 am

MBTI does have shortcomings, and there are a number of critiques of the testing and results. There is also some hype about how good it is, which is mostly from marketers and filters down in to MBTI meme at the popular consumer level.

I'm wary enough of MBTI that I don't take it as gospel, so to speak. It's interesting, and whenever I've done the online tests the results do match how I see myself. But the comparison to Astrology is valid: 16 broad categories that seem specific, but are vulnerable to confirmation bias by the reader.

I don't think MBTI ought to be thrown out as hokum, but treat it carefully.

Oh, and by the way, I generally come out as INFP or INTP in these tests.

@egoistpaul · December 8, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Well, I know MBTI well enough to know what it is and what it can do and what it cannot do. I'm good enough to know a person's MBTI type just after talking to them for a few minutes.

Knowing a person's type isn't enough to know about a person. A type is basically a conclusion from a bunch of questions and can correlate with other variables. The problem is if a correlation isn't high enough, a type makes a poor indicator to predict the outcome of a variable, ie knowing what a person likes or dislikes.

MBTI is based on Jungian Psychology, which is based on the concept of Archetype and rejects the tabula rasa theory of human psychological development. I am a doubter of archetype. I don't think such thing actually exists. Blank slate makes more sense to me. (Note: I don't buy Freud's id, super ego, and ego theory either.)

RoofWoofer · December 7, 2009 at 7:59 pm

MBTI is fun and helpful. Not many things are both. Thanks for posting.

Ruby Leigh · December 11, 2009 at 5:30 am

I am an INTP

Rev. Pyramid Head · December 16, 2009 at 4:51 am

Eh- I tend to either be an INTP or INTJ. I don't follow MBTI like it's the gospel, but it is pretty funny to see what type you are (especially if you're the only NT in an entire class that's taking it- awkward, but fun).

DrMatt · December 17, 2009 at 9:50 pm

I've always been INTJ. It was liberating to be freed from my at work persona of an ENTP. I took the training and ran Leadership Training Workshops in charismatic churches using MBTI. It seems that LaHaye has a watered down, Christian astrology version for Believers.

The MBTI can be useful, even life-changing when administered, explained, and understood properly. If not, it becomes another Redbook Magazine 10 question fun quiz.

@__Becky__ · December 26, 2009 at 1:37 am

ENFP – The "Advocate"

Brad · January 8, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I usually end up witn INTJ in those types of things…

TheSecretAtheist · January 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I’ve been getting INFP, the healer, consistently and strongly on these tests since I was in high school. I’ve always felt it was pretty accurate at describing me.

greengeekgirl · January 8, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I took this in a class this past quarter.. I’m an ISTJ, and I totally can’t remember what that is right now–oh, right, The Inspector.