- I’m not dead! I don’t want to go on the cart!!! « The Secret Atheist
- Godless Girls Voice Challenge | The Agnostics Wife's Blog
Hey y’all! It’s time for something completely different! I found a little quiz to see how you pronounce certain words and to see if you have any regionally-specific vocabulary for certain items. I also did my own little voice recording so you can laugh at my accent:
Words to pronounce:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
Questions to answer:
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
It’s free over at vocaroo.com. All you need is a microphone. You can share your voice by pressing “Post on the internet” and copying the “vocaroo link.”
If you want to blog your version of the challenge, leave a comment with a link so I can listen! If you don’t have a blog, just record your voice and paste the link in the comments box.
It's really not. When I began this blog, I had this sense of being part of a great discovery, a wondrous ... (more...)
There are many people who believe that being childfree (or better yet, "childless by choice") is a negative trait, especially... (more...)
The delightful and thoughtful @hyumen documented the beginning of a long journey on her blog. Well, I did it. I told... (more...)
This twitter conversation is currently in process: Me: I think it will take at least 2 generations more to get some... (more...)