Isn’t this cute? Kids just want to be sheep instead of, you know, humans that think for themselves 😉

I learned this song in Sunday School back in the day. Sure, Jesus was the “shepherd” and I, as a sheep, would follow him gladly… but who wants to be likened to a herd of rather stupid animals that follow blindly where they are lead? Poor sheep…

10 thoughts on “I Just Wanna Be a Sheep”

Jenny Wren · June 12, 2011 at 4:31 pm

But surely everybody wants to be a cat?

Harold · June 12, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Of course! Because a cat’s the only cat that knows where it’s at.

Jenny · June 14, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Everybody’s picking up on that feline beat.

Chassidy · December 20, 2011 at 2:14 am

This “free sharing” of information seems too good to be true. Like comnumism.

Harold · June 12, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Curious, that burst of flame that transforms the kid puppet into a sheep puppet. Fire doesn’t come from nowhere. Someone has to start a fire. Now, who could it be? Could it be…SATAN?!

Uzza · June 12, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Me, I always wanted to be a skunk.
They’re cute inoffensive little vegetarians, but nobody fucks with them.

Three Ninjas · June 13, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I remember lots of sermons reveling in how stupid sheep are, and how apt it is that Jesus refers to his followers as sheep.

Sigh.

Rebecca · July 5, 2011 at 11:39 pm

nice mullet

red apples · July 31, 2012 at 6:48 am

Interestingly going through this article we like this because it’s reality so its great seeing an author that’s writing snippets on this topic for all
to see

Greg Moore · July 31, 2015 at 12:30 am

Actually, Jesus liked people who could think for themselves and open their minds to possibilities, as opposed to the blind who merely follow the blind over a cliff, without thinking, without reasoning. The sheep metaphor is one facet of a great life characterized by doing good on faith, not knowing what difficulties it may lead to, but sustained by a basic trust in God.