Thanks to a new survey by the Pew Forum on Religious & Public Life, we can now claim that not only are intelligent people less likely to believe in god, but those unbelievers also know more about religion than religious people. As if American atheists needed even bigger egos (simmer Read more…
I am sure we’ve all been asked this question or wondered ourselves. But have you ever heard the answers given by Buddhists? Scientists? Mormons? Taoists? Roger Nygard, director of Trekkies and Trekkies 2, took his curiosity and sense of humor on the road and asked this important question to hundreds Read more…
Jennifer of BlagHag.com suggested that a few writing prompts might get the ball rolling for people participating in The Honesty Project. Since I love asking questions, I wanted to give it a go! Feel free to use any (or none) of these ideas to get started on your blog, journal, video, or any other format you find most fun. [caption id="attachment_1777" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Original photo by Lady Vic on flickr"][/caption]
30+ Ideas and Writing Prompts
- Many people say the most influential persons in their lives are their parents. That's just too predictable. What unexpected individual has had a significant affect on how your life is headed today?
- What have you missed out on because of fear? What different sorts of activities or experiences have you chosen not to do? Does fear play a part in your decision-making?
- Do you consider yourself to be sexually confident? Do you think you have a healthy outlook and perspective on what sex is for and what it means on a deeper level? What is that?
- What's the story of your website? How would you feel if it was deleted tomorrow?
- What was the biggest lie you ever told? Did anyone find out? Did you benefit from it?
- Have you ever acted in a way that went against your values/morals/ethics? In other words, have you been a hypocrite?
- When was the last time you inspired someone? Feel free to toot your horn ;)
- When was the last time you were truly enraged? What caused that reaction, and was it deserved?
- Do you have any addictions or obsessions? Maybe you're a fangirl or an obsessive shopper?
- What's the hardest thing you've had to overcome?
- Picture the worst sexual experience you ever had... now either tell us about it or tell us if it was bad because of inexperience, awkwardness, or a dislike for that individual.
- If you've converted from one religion to another (or left religion all together), was there a "honeymoon" phase after making that decision? How did you feel for the next few months? Has that feeling changed?
- What traits would someone have who was the opposite of you? (more…)
Couldn't resist doing one of these circa 1998 memes to pass the time while under the weather. :) 1. My uncle once: held me upside down by my ankles and I never fully recovered. 2. Never in my life: have I awakened early for the fun of it. 3. When I was five: I was the most self-conscious child on the block. 4. High School was: under-utilized for all its opportunities for shenanigans. 5. I will never forget: to never use the word never—just in case. 6. I once met: some famous people, but I have an aversion to people who name-drop. 7. There’s this girl I know who: is much smarter than me, but I don't want her to figure that out while she still admires me. 8. Once, at a bar: The waiter gave all the girls free drinks except me. 9. By noon, I’m usually: just feeling good and awake...and starving. 10. Last night: I took a shower at 3AM because I couldn't get back to sleep. 11. If only I had: A teleporter and some private income. 12. Next time I go to church: I hope I can sneak in a video camera. (more…)