Jennifer of BlagHag.com suggested that a few writing prompts might get the ball rolling for people participating in The Honesty Project. Since I love asking questions, I wanted to give it a go! Feel free to use any (or none) of these ideas to get started on your blog, journal, video, or any other format you find most fun. [caption id="attachment_1777" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Original photo by Lady Vic on flickr"][/caption]
30+ Ideas and Writing Prompts
- Many people say the most influential persons in their lives are their parents. That's just too predictable. What unexpected individual has had a significant affect on how your life is headed today?
- What have you missed out on because of fear? What different sorts of activities or experiences have you chosen not to do? Does fear play a part in your decision-making?
- Do you consider yourself to be sexually confident? Do you think you have a healthy outlook and perspective on what sex is for and what it means on a deeper level? What is that?
- What's the story of your website? How would you feel if it was deleted tomorrow?
- What was the biggest lie you ever told? Did anyone find out? Did you benefit from it?
- Have you ever acted in a way that went against your values/morals/ethics? In other words, have you been a hypocrite?
- When was the last time you inspired someone? Feel free to toot your horn ;)
- When was the last time you were truly enraged? What caused that reaction, and was it deserved?
- Do you have any addictions or obsessions? Maybe you're a fangirl or an obsessive shopper?
- What's the hardest thing you've had to overcome?
- Picture the worst sexual experience you ever had... now either tell us about it or tell us if it was bad because of inexperience, awkwardness, or a dislike for that individual.
- If you've converted from one religion to another (or left religion all together), was there a "honeymoon" phase after making that decision? How did you feel for the next few months? Has that feeling changed?
- What traits would someone have who was the opposite of you? (more…)
I want to get to know you better and am eager to try an experiment. Are you up for an excercise in honesty that demands you to say one truthful thing about yourself every single day for one week? This is my challenge! Are you a blogger or journaler? Do Read more…
[caption id="attachment_182" align="alignright" width="250" caption="Photo by babsteve"][/caption] Not all Christians are literalistic fundamentalists or even orthodox in their theologies. There do exist "liberal" Christians who focus on a loving, generous message of Jesus rather than the more traditional views of God's fitful nature. Many liberal Christians consider parts of the Bible mythology, metaphor, and primitive, bronze-age expression of the unknown. With those points, skeptics may agree and also appreciate the holistic approach to the scriptures. This view is much more friendly and acceptable than the hellfire and brimstone extremist views held by a few overly-vocal groups. However, I still have problems understanding how someone can be a liberal Christian without cherry-picking, contradiction, and unsure/unsteady beliefs. My first question is: Do liberal Christians trust Jesus? (more…)